Come March 18, all roads will lead to the Big Dome for the 55th annual Binibining Pilipinas beauty pageant. Forty lovely candidates are vying for five titles to compete internationally, including Bb. Pilipinas-Universe and Bb. Pilipinas-International. As we get closer to that exciting day, here’s a fearless forecast of candidates who will make it to the Top 10. Have you made yours?
It’s Binibining Pilipinas fever once again and the country’s pageant fanatics are so active now in social media. They are making their predictions of who the Top 25, Top 15 and winners would be. Some are busy making comments, for or against their favorites. Just like the past years, this batch is full of young women who can be winners in the international pageants.
During the fitting and pictorial of the national costume and evening gowns, I was able to see almost all the girls up close and personal. Some are really stunning at first glance, but many have faces that when you look at them longer, they become prettier and prettier. Based on their looks, anyone is a winner.
As of today, I have personally made my favorites, but I think it is quite hard for me to trim down my bets to Top 5. They are all beautiful, and entering the semifinals would depend on the girl’s performance during the pageant. Although I believe that the national costume and gowns that they would be wearing would somehow help in their chances to make it to the semis.
A few days ago, a fashion show was held featuring the candidates in national costume, and the Top 10 was chosen. The judges were given a hard task to choose because all the candidates were elegantly beautiful (at least more than half of the candidates). Here is the list of candidates who made it to the Top 10 in Best in National Costume and their designers.
- Bb. 20 – Catriona Gray designed by Jear Sond
- Bb. 4 – Ana Patricia Asturias designed by Dave Ocampo
- Bb. 11 – Aya Abesamis designed by Chico Estiva
- Bb. 18 – Rosantonette Mendoza designed by Rau Uson Ablaza
- Bb. 19 – Michelle Gumabao designed by Nat Manilag
- Bb. 29 – Samantha Kaye Avestruz designed by Nick Guarino
- Bb. 30 – Sarah Margarette Joson designed by Jay-r Gamboa Flores
- Bb. 31 – Jeza Mae Huellar designed by Neil Patrick Jimlani
- Bb. 33 – Stephanie Abellanida designed by Archie Castillo
- Bb. 35 – Sandra Lemonon designed by Edwin Uy
At this point, I would say that more than half of the Top 10 who landed in the Best in National Costume are also my favorites to make it to the Top 15. These are Bb. 20 – Catriona Gray, Bb. 4 – Ana Patricia Asturias, Bb. 11 – Aya Abesamis, Bb. 19 – Michelle Gumabao, Bb. 29 – Samantha Kaye Avestruz, Bb. 31 – Jeza Mae Huellar and Bb. 35 – Sandra Lemonon.
Other favorite candidates who did not make it to the top 10 of national costume, but I believe that could either win a crown or make it to the Top 15 are the following :
- Bb. 32 – Eva Patalinjug
- Bb. 38 – Karen Galman
- Bb. 26 – Winonah Buot
- Bb. 23 – Ena Louis Bernardo
- Bb. 14 – Samantha Bernardo
- Bb. 1 – Vicky Marie Rushton
- Bb. 17 – Ahtissa Manalo
- Bb. 36 – Loren Mar Artajos
These are all my personal opinion but the big factor for them to make it to the Top 15 and possibly become a winner would be their performance in the finals night.